- About ASSIST
- School Membership
- Host Families
- ASSIST Alumni
- Alumni Parents
- Become a Donor
- Prospective Scholars
- Class of 2017-18
- Current Scholars
- News & Events
Submit Information for a Criminal Background Check
For ASSIST Host Families:
The Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET) mandates that all host families interested in hosting an international exchange student must submit to a criminal background check.
A criminal background check is required for every member of the household who is over 18 years of age, or will turn 18 during the exchange year.
Once you click on the link at the bottom of this page, you will be directed to the Intellicorp Records, Inc. website to enter information to conduct a criminal background check.
Instructions for using the Intellicorp Records, Inc. portal
1. Read the"Disclosure and Authorization to Obtain Consumer Reports for Employment/Volunteer Purposes" notice on the portal homepage
2. Enter the password provided and click the "Agree and Consent >>" button.
To obtain the password, please contact the ASSIST Rep at your school, or email us at email@example.com.
3. Enter the requested information on the "Personal Information" screen. Fields marked with an "*" are required.
4. Click the "Next >>" button.
5. Review the information on the "Summary" screen for accuracy.
Please note that hitting the "Quit" button will not save your information and your background check will not be run.
6. If you need to make corrections, click the "<< Previous" button to return to the "Personal Information" screen.
7. If you need to save your progress, click the "Save" button. You will be provided a reference code to enter when you return to the website to complete the data entry.
8. If you are done, please click the "Complete" button.